Bridal Makeup Preview
Here's what you need to know about your upcoming
Bridal Makeup Preview with Amy...
Your Bridal Preview
A bridal preview is for you and I to make a plan for your wedding day makeup.
It's time to put together your whole look and ensure we compliment your dress, your chosen wedding colour palette, veil, hair style, accessories and create a timeless, bridal look.
Below are some makeup prep tips for prior to your preview.
Where to start...
- Start searching for makeup inspiration (if you haven't already) for people with the same skin tone as you.
- Whats my favourite feature to makeup? Eyes or Lips or cheekbones....?
- We will discuss all of this at your Preview but it's really good to start the process.
You will need to prep your skin for your Bridal Preview.
DRINK WATER, LOTS OF IT
- If you desire flawless, glowing makeup for your wedding day, it all starts from within. I can’t stress this enough. If you don’t make any other changes to your lifestyle before your wedding or special event please just do this one.
TREAT YOUR SKIN
- If you have never had a facial before, now is a great time to treat yourself. Facials are divine and they serve more purpose than you imagine. Think massage, relaxation, self- care, skin cleansing, gentle resurfacing, hydrating and possibly a teeny-tiny little bit of extraction but its totally worth it in the end!
- Every-day makeup and makeup for special events and weddings have very different requirements, the main one being that event makeup needs to last all day long and into the evening. So we choose products that do just this. When your skin is dry, crumbly, flaky or bumpy - the makeup will just sit on top of this and can sometimes make it more obvious. Aim for a smooth, hydrated face. Some of us won't be able to change this quickly so please know that together I will help you!
- Regular exfoliation helps to buff away any dull skin cells sitting on the surface of the skin. It will improve your complexion, improve circulation and unclog your pores. There are specific facial scrubs and peels to do this so you decide, always ask a dermatologist first if you have never embarked on a skin care journey like this before. Using active ingredients and products are key to freshening up your skin for wedding day makeup.
- Don't forget your lips! Invest in a lip scrub and load your lips with something nourishing especially before the preview and the wedding day.
- If you can't avoid coming to your Preview without makeup on then please just wear a little and avoid waterproof or heavy layers of mascara as this will take time off your preview time to remove
- False (one day) lashes included if desired.
- Please come alone to your Preview so that my full focus is on you.
- Please wear white or similar colours to your bridal gown/outfit. Preferably with a similar neckline.
- Together we create one bridal makeup look, if you wish to create more than one then extra time needs to be booked at additional cost. We discuss in detail the style options before starting.
- Eat before you arrive. I'll have a snack aside and something to quench your thirst but it's best to eat before you come because we all get hungry eventually and my Bridal Previews sometimes roll into lunchtime.
- Please provide me with as much notice as possible if you are unwell, have a temperature or need to reschedule for another reason.
- As you can imagine, it is critical that I remain well to show up for all my beautiful brides and clients this season. I am happier to reschedule than risk it.
- All consultations are Monday - Thursday only and start at 10am. Please arrive on time to your appointment.
- Studio address is 18 Killarney Avenue, Torbay. Look for the long white fence. Parking on the road. Come in the gate at the top of the driveway and up the steps to the pod at your appointment time.
- Photos and/or videos will be taken before, during and after our preview for the purposes of capturing the whole bridal look, recording products and techniques used and sometimes for promotional purposes. Any sharing will be done so with integrity.