Hello wedding day!
Bridal beauty planning - day before the wedding
You will need to prep your hair and face for wedding day hairstyling and makeup. The reason for this is that we need to have very clean, very dry hair to style with and a fresh, makeup-free face to begin with. We are aiming for light, airy hair. If you can dry it with a blow dryer or book a blow out the day before, even better!
Have a good breakfast planned and/or lots of snacks over the morning.
Ensure you have a breakfast or morning tea planned that is easily accessible and especially easy to eat. Bite sized foods, healthy, low GI carbs, not too much sugar so you have a beautiful energy ride throughout the morning. Also gives you room for a glass of champagne!
(save the buttery croissants for Christmas, they will spoil your makeup!)
How to cleanse + dry like a pro
- Soak your hair all the way through. Double cleanse! Shampoo your hair and rinse. Then repeat! This time focus on all the edges of your hairline and the crown (back top section) of the head. Rinse well.
- Nourish. Use conditioner to nourish the mid-lengths and ends. Don't be tempted to apply directly to the root area. Leave for a few mins and rinse well.
- Towel-dry and comb out then preferably using a hairdryer and smoothing brush, blow dry your hair with the dryer nozzle angled down. If your hair is fine or lacks volume then you may blow dry a little amount of mousse or voluminous product into the root area or I can do this for you on the day. Alternatively, air-dry and once completely dry use straightening irons to smooth the cuticle.
- If you wish to exercise the morning of the wedding day or those that have very fine hair or those that get oily roots/dry ends etc. You may double cleanse and dry the morning of but you will need to ensure your hair is very clean and very dry please.
- Please think ahead of time about where you like to wear your parting i.e. centred, left or right and if you'd like pieces out to frame your face or if you'd like it behind the ears.
- Please consider this when having a trim, cut or colour/highlights before the wedding day. Hopefully we are able to meet in person to discuss this but if this isn't possible we will do via email with photos etc.
Remember to bring your skincare, toothbrush, deodorant, perfume, medication, contact lenses if needed, sunscreen for the body and/or the face and any other items personal to you on the morning of the wedding.
Accessories - Remember to bring your veil, hair accessories as discussed and earrings, rings, necklace and bridal shoes!
On the wedding day morning... Please double cleanse and nourish your face. Remove any traces of mascara and other makeup residue. Pop on a hydrating sheet mask and/or under eye hydrating patches if you can.
SET THE TONE
Music plays an important part on your wedding day and it starts in the morning! Make yourself a wedding morning playlist. You might want something mellow and relaxing or you might want to throw in a few hype songs! Regardless of your desired vibe, having some background music really sets the tone.
SO much fun.....SO little time....
The most surprising thing about the wedding morning is how fast time flys! There's so much we want to experience on our wedding day and so this means usually an early start and a late night. So, with that in mind be sure to get enough sleep the night before, eat well and often during the morning and be well organised with all your items.
**There are a few requirements for setting up the hair and makeup area for the morning, these are listed in the terms and conditions however the most important ones that relate to the set up are: a large table or bench with powerpoint near by, lots of lovely soft (not striking) natural light where possible, a chair or stool with a low back/dining chair and a tall bar stool if one is available however, I do ensure we bring our own one of these. Please, and thank you in advance.
Your Run Sheet ...
The run sheet is subject to change. Feel free to print and write your own timeline but I will have given you an approximate total timeframe.
Regards "getting dressed" time, I recommend hanging all pre-steamed/ironed dresses/outfits including the bridal outfit up in a room awaiting the time to get dressed. I recommend getting into dress/outfit with plenty of time, instead of leaving it to the last minute as sometimes adjustments often need to be made.
My suggestion regards other treatments such as Spray Tans should be applied 1-2 days max before the wedding day. Same with nails, no painting on the day. Any eyebrow, eyelash treatments, skin treatments, hair cuts, colours, highlights, extensions at least a week before the wedding day.
Last valuable tip here!
Depending on the season, our region of NZ has several different levels of climate, all of them involve humidity!
Sometimes even just a couple of people in a room with beauty lights or a hairdryer or heated tongs can make the room extremely warm. Please think ahead for this and consider ventilation or air conditioning/cooling fans at your location. You will not regret it.
Now it's time to get excited!
"If you have any further questions regarding this document please just ask - I'm happy to answer them. I'm looking forward to enjoying this special time with you." - Amy